Information about us
We are Rockfield Software Ltd, and our office is at Ethos, Kings Road, Prince of Wales Dock, Swansea, SA1 8AS, VAT No GB212999877
For more information, please see our ‘Contact Us’ page.
Rockfield recognises the importance of protecting the privacy of personally identifiable information collected about visitors to our site in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA 2018) and the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
Rockfield is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Rockfield may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 27 June 2016 and updated 25 May 2018.
What we collect
We may collect information from you via our website in the course of providing services to you or otherwise as a result of our dealings with you or one or more of our clients. The type of information we collect and process about you depends upon our relationship with you and the context in which we obtain and process your personal information.
The personal information we may collect includes the following:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
This policy does not apply to the personal information of our staff that we process in connection with their employment with us.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- For the purposes of internal record keeping
- To improve our products and services
- To periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- To contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail
- To customise the website according to your interests
- To consider and process any applications made by you for a position with us
- To enforce or protect our rights, property or safety (or those of our employees, or clients)
- To fulfil our legal obligations
- For other legitimate business purposes.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Rockfield’s website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we do not accept any liability or responsibility for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Rockfield Software Ltd, Ethos Building, King’s Road, Prince of Wales Dock, Swansea SA1 8AS.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.